Friday, September 14, 2007

"I have a dream." -MLK...It shocked the crap out of me!

Okay, so I wanted to apologize for the other post I did titled Do you dare? I changed it, because I remembered that The Grove is doing a series right now called "DO YOU DARE?" One of the dares from last week was to:
With family or friends, search for & watch
Martin Luther King's "I have a Dream" speech on You Tube....so I did...and, WOW! Of course I was overcome with hope once again by this amazing figure in our nations history, but this is just half of this post...keep reading...

I watched a few videos, then something caught my eyes...I started reading the comments people can leave for the videos, and man, did my heart sink...
How can you watch a video like that, and say such awful things to the person posting it, or whoever else happened to comment...it shocked the crap out of me...there was so much more to this dare card than what was just posted on it...I think it's so cool how God always leads us into a place where He can use us...look for yourself, with friends or family, read the hate, the vulgarity, and the disgust...think about what is happening, on YOU TUBE!!! and then...find yourself smile when you see someone who lives for a bigger purpose than themselves in this world reach out in faith with a comment that is filled with prayer...I think I just found a challenging place to witness...

No comments: