Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Jon's 3rd birthday...





2 years ago, I celebrated Jon's 21st birthday with him...we had just started dating the month before, August 7th to be exact, which was right after Seussical closed...I surprised Jon with a trip to VEGAS...I drove us to the airport, and we got on a plane, arrived in Vegas, I witnessed Jon's 1st drink (a Heinie...)during lunch, then we walked the streets of vegas until I next surprised him with 2 tickets to see Avenue Q, which is freaking hilarious, then we flew home that night, and waiting for us was another surprise...I got him a subscription to the wine of the month club...so we shared our first glass of wine together...we love wine!...(by the way, gonna have a wine party soon...let me know if you drink the stuff)

Last year, I led him on a scavenger hunt for his 22nd birthday, which was fun and silly...and it led him to Citrus Heritage Park, where I was waiting with one of his favorite meals...Chili dogs...the following day he led me on a scavenger hunt that led to a "marraige proposal"...

Tomorrow, I will be celebrating the third birthday in a row with whom now, is my husband...Jon will be 23 tomorrow, and although he is almost 6 years younger than I am, I have so much fun growing up with him...Jon has been the hugest blessing in my life...I never believed I deserved half as much as he gives me...he is so talented, intuitive, passionate, loving, driven, content, stubborn, charming, silly, stern, quiet, loud, smart, really smart, way smarter than me, obedient, confusing, has a childs heart, and above all, he is my best friend...so, tomorrow, I celebrate all those things I have come to know, cherish, and adore about Jon...He is the prince of my heart, and the love of my life...I can't wait to share the next 50 birthdays with him...if I am still truckin' along, but hey, I proablaby will, he keeps me young...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The description of your love for Jon made me cry a little *sniff* You really do know my brother! Although you did forget to mention a few adjectives I could use to describe Jon in the last 23 years, but I am sure you will discover them in the next fifty years. Oh by the way, I thought I was the biggest blessing in your life? What the heck, sister, and after all we've been through in the last few months?!

Heather "The REAL Blessing in Kathy's Life"