Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Life...Family...Prayer...

Hello all bloggers and others... I know sometimes life just gets so confusing, so hard, so chaotic, so frustrating, and sometimes we feel like, "why me? why was I dealt this hand?" I for one can speak from my own heart and can say that I truly and honestly believe God NEVER gives us more than we can handle...He is not a punishing God...but something I think we need to remember is we have people in our lives we can go to, to lean on, maybe not for the answers, but for prayer, support, love, an ear, a shoulder...but even more important than that, we have God we can go to...and sometimes when we arent strong enough to go to Him on our own, there are people who can for you, who can help build up your stregnth again thru prayer...why am I spouting all this?
Well, I came across some situtations thru a blog, a phone call, and my own thoughts that need some prayer attention...so, please join me in praying for some situtations that have been brought to my attention...
My cousin Shion is the mother of two children, one of whom is 5, with Autism...I have never met Miles, but my family members says he is a wonderful child...my cousin strugggles daily with the already known facts about her son, and the years to come, and is searching for a school that will give himthe kind of treatment, care, and learning he needs...basically, Shion has so much on her plate, that something so small, might send her in a whirlwind...she is saddened, stressed, and feels so alone...my prayer request is that we would prayer for safety, guidance, a school for miles, more sanity and joy in her so stressful life, and protection over her family...
another situation has to do with my brother Steven...I won't get into details, but much prayer is needed for him...he is so lost, has so much anger towards people in our family,no one really knows whats going on in his life anymore, and just needs some guidance from somewhere that he knows he can trust...I pray he would find that guidance thru God...and I pray for healing with the people in my family who hold so much anger towards other family members...that we would all just "love" eachother...my heart breaks for the destruction, mistrust, and pain I see and feel...please pray for my brother and my whole family for that matter for continued healing...
thanks for your prayers...

1 comment:

Elissa said...

I will pray for your cousin and your brother...and thank you for letting me "lean" on you (while ditching church at the same time)!!! You may never know how much I needed that time. I appreciated your openness! Even though you probably didn't think much of it, that was one of the early moments that got me thru the chaos.