Sunday, September 9, 2007

Visited the in-laws...



Well, this weekend Jon, Heather, and I drove up to visit Bill, Patti, and Micah in their new home in Salinas...we got there in record time...5 1/2 hours, arriving at almost 1am...we hung out all day Saturday, watched the sea otters swimming at lunch, and later celebrated Jon's 23rd birthday (which is on wed, the 12th)...Jon I'm sure will post pics of the sea otters and other pics as well...then today, we went to watch Bill preach for the first time at SVCC, Salinas Valley Community Church, their new church...it was awesome...I forgot about my father-in-laws definition of worship, which I absolutely love by the way...I like things that just make sense when you hear it and this does...Bill Risinger says that worship= a spontaneous response to the realized presence of God...WOW, I am so lucky to have a father in law who so much of the time I have to repeat in my own head and in my own words what I think he means...and it amazes me that when I see this definition of worship I get excited that I dont have to think too terribly hard, it just makes sense...and then I don't feel so unwise around the "oh-wise" one that I call my father-in-law...anyway, we drove home today, it was sad...we don't know exactly the next time is that we will get to just hang out with them, but it won't be too long I'm sure...here is us on the way home...a sticker from SVCC that Heather is holding represents the church's motto...you see them everywhere in Salinas...Neat!

No comments: