Sunday, September 2, 2007

Yard Sale Sunday...BOOOOO!

Well, I am an official blogger...weird! I spend so much time reading the lives of others around me and it makes me smile, so that encouraged me to share little glimpses of mine..
Making others smile is my goal, living a grace-filled life is importnat, and having an impact on the future of God's kingdom is my desire...I am a passionate person who wants to pratice the art of living "in the tension..." So, here we go...a morning in the life of Kathy...I awoke this Sunday morning to my adorable husband asleep to my left under the sheets...he sleeps under the sheets most of the time with his face buried from the light...my sweet Bella-boo (one of my dogs) asleep to my right sharing my pillow, and my Mr. Toby man (my other pooch) at my feet buried underneath his bed that sits at the foot of ours...yes he like to bury himself too...Jon and him have alot in common, they are both creatures of the dark...I however, love the light, which is nice because our bedroom is very bright and cheery in the morning...seeing as though I'm not much of a morning person until I have a cup-a-joe gripped in my hand, the cheery part kicks in after oh, say 30 minutes....and so, off I went, into the streets of Riverside, driving and searching for one of my favorite things, "YARD SALES!"...I should have a sign on my car that reads, "Caution, I brake for Yard Sales, because I am kinda a dangerous driver when I am in yard sale mode...why do I love them so much? Um, I like other people's crap...most of the time they become my treasures...although I don't ever need a specific reason to go yard-saling, I am specifically on the hunt for a bike right now...today by the way was unsuccessful...anyway, a friend of mine and my hubbies, Dan, got us thinking drastically about our environment and what we could do to help preserve and restore it back to the way God intended it to be, and not driving "everywhere" was one huge thing we now are striving to do...so, bikes! Jon has one, but I need one now too...I do not want to spend $100 on a brand new bike, so, where do I go...that's correct people, Yard Sales...let me tell you, they are AWESOME! I feel bad about the gas I am using to drive to all these Y.S.'s, so the sooner I can find that piece of crap/junk of someone else's, the sooner I will gain another treasure that will help me in the fight to preserve and restore, and it will be fun to bike around with my hubby and our pups, Bella running along side Jon, and Toby in the little basket attached to mine...ahhhh, dreams...they can come true!!! So, if you like, keep an eye out for me...Peace out!

1 comment:

Elissa said...

yeah...welcome to blogdom!